Vehicle & Miscellaneous Surplus Equipment Bids
The Town of Kittery is soliciting bids for a surplus vehicle and miscellaneous equipment. Information is available at the town website www.kittery.org under “News and Announcements” or by calling 207-439-0333. Deadline for bids is 2:00 p.m. local time on December 3, 2015.
Nancy Colbert Puff, Town Manager
Here are some of the items. Click the following link for the details and the other items.
The Gillette Stadium Astro Turf. Is 3 Rolls at 15’+/-X 45+/-.
The Truck is a 1999 Ford F-450.
FOR SALE BY SEALED BID
The Town of Kittery, Maine is accepting sealed bids for the sale of a 1988 Chevrolet R/V series 3500 one ton, four door crew cab pick-up truck. VIN# 1G8JV33W9JJ133170. The truck is equipped with the following: Chevrolet 454 CI gas engine, four wheel drive with locking front hubs, fully covered Reading body. The truck was used as a small rescue and utility vehicle for the fire department and currently has 11,389 miles on the odometer. Questions concerning this truck may be directed to Chief David O’Brien by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Truck is available for pickup on 22 December 2015. This truck is being sold “as is” with expressed or implied warranties from the seller. Minimum bid is $3,500. Sealed bids clearly marked “1988 Fire Department Truck Bid” on the outside of the envelop will be accepted at the Town of Kittery, Town Managers Office until 2:00 pm on 17 December 2015 at which time they will be opened and read aloud. The winning bidder will be notified and will have until 22 December 2015 to provide payment in the form of a certified bank check or cash. The Town of Kittery reserves the right to accept or reject any bid.
Nancy Colbert Puff, Town Manager
TOWN OF KITTERY
Surplus Vehicles and Equipment
Purpose of the Bid:
The Town of Kittery Maine is disposing of surplus property as provided for in Title 3, Chapter 3.2.10 Disposal of Property, through sealed bids.
1. The Town reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids submitted and to split the award to the highest bidders for the surplus items if in the best interest of the Town.
2. Items for bid may have an internal minimum bid that must be met in order for it to be sold. The Town reserves the right to negotiate with the highest bidder who has submitted a bid that is lower than the internal minimum bid threshold.
3. Items for bid are being sold as is and in their present condition. No warranty or liability is provided or assumed with any of the vehicles and equipment declared surplus and listed in this bid by the Town of Kittery. The Town shall carefully remove the Town Seal from vehicles sold through this bid prior to the vehicle leaving the Town property. The Town will not be responsible for any paint damage from that procedure.
4. Bidders awarded items are required to pay cash or by bank check or money order made out to the Town of Kittery. Funds must be received by the Town Manager before the Vehicle or Equipment is released. All bid transactions are required to take place 14 calendar days following written notice of award by the Town Manager / Purchasing Agent and shall be so stated in the written communication. If the transaction fails to be completed by the date stated, the award will be made to next highest bidder following the above procedures, if they are still interested.
5. Bidders awarded vehicles will be given title and/or Bill of Sale to the vehicle/equipment. However, the bidder removing the vehicle(s) is required to have a temporary plate and proof of insurance, if driven from Town property or have the vehicle towed from the Town Property.
Bid Submittal Requirements:
1. All bids submitted must be made on the bid form enclosed in the Bid Package.
a. Bid forms must be completed and signed and placed in a sealed envelope marked “Bid for Surplus Vehicle and Miscellaneous Equipment”.
b. Bids must be submitted by 2:00 PM on Thursday December 3, 2015 to the Kittery Town Manager, 200 Rogers Road, Kittery, Maine 03904.