The actual ASTRO TURF of Gillette Stadium can be yours if the Price is Right. The story you’ve heard about it for over two years.
Yes Folks, The Town of Kittery bought this TURF a few years ago for possible playground use. However, it sits rolled up in storage and never used.
You can own a piece of history. Think about all the games played on this field, concerts, sacks, injuries, BLEDSOE. ouch! The seconds clock is ticking.
Yes !!! it is finally being sold to someone who can use it. Follow these links in order to view the full article. But you need to act quick. This is sure to sell fast and recover some of the costs. Just think, a den or man/woman cave, patio, game room etc., can have these piece of NFL history.
Please share it on facebook. The sale is not limited to Kittery Residents. After all we need to get the best price we can for it. Seriously
The 3 rolls. 5’+/-X 45+/-
The full story is here at this link.
Many items up for bid.
Surplus Vehicles and Equipment
Purpose of the Bid:
The Town of Kittery Maine is disposing of surplus property as provided for in Title 3, Chapter 3.2.10 Disposal of Property, through sealed bids.
1. The Town reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids submitted and to split the award to the highest bidders for the surplus items if in the best interest of the Town.
2. Items for bid may have an internal minimum bid that must be met in order for it to be sold. The Town reserves the right to negotiate with the highest bidder who has submitted a bid that is lower than the internal minimum bid threshold.
3. Items for bid are being sold as is and in their present condition. No warranty or liability is provided or assumed with any of the vehicles and equipment declared surplus and listed in this bid by the Town of Kittery. The Town shall carefully remove the Town Seal from vehicles sold through this bid prior to the vehicle leaving the Town property. The Town will not be responsible for any paint damage from that procedure.
4. Bidders awarded items are required to pay cash or by bank check or money order made out to the Town of Kittery. Funds must be received by the Town Manager before the Vehicle or Equipment is released. All bid transactions are required to take place 14 calendar days following written notice of award by the Town Manager / Purchasing Agent and shall be so stated in the written communication. If the transaction fails to be completed by the date stated, the award will be made to next highest bidder following the above procedures, if they are still interested.
5. Bidders awarded vehicles will be given title and/or Bill of Sale to the vehicle/equipment. However, the bidder removing the vehicle(s) is required to have a temporary plate and proof of insurance, if driven from Town property or have the vehicle towed from the Town Property.
Bid Submittal Requirements:
1. All bids submitted must be made on the bid form enclosed in the Bid Package.
a. Bid forms must be completed and signed and placed in a sealed envelope marked “Bid for Surplus Vehicle and Miscellaneous Equipment”.
b. Bids must be submitted by 2:00 PM on Thursday December 3, 2015 to the Kittery Town Manager, 200 Rogers Road, Kittery, Maine 03904.